Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Just because I'm an adult...

...doesn't mean I've grown up.


I MUST have pre-menstrual syndrome because I just now sat at the kitchen table going through Matthew's schoolwork...and crying.

In the middle of all these coloured trees and letter worksheets, the proofs from Picture Day - the one I forgot about, but thankfully combed his hair for. Oh, he is handsome, my son. I smiled fondly, but didn't tear up.

Nope.

Me, I gotta get messy and sentimental over a class trip PERMISSION SLIP.

Holy geez, I'm a goober.

It's a trip to Glanmore House, which is an historic home here in Belleville, just down the road and 'round the corner from here. The trip costs $6.50 and involves a bus ride, which made me grin through my tears because Matthew has been aching to ride a big yellow school bus like William, Sweet William.

My first thought was, "Ha! We've already BEEN to Glanmore House!" as I then proceeded to mentally stick out my tongue at the permission slip whilst making the "neener, neener, neener" face. I take an inappropriate and pathetic amount of pleasure in knowing that I have already provided my child with an educational journey into our town's history, thank you very much.

Maybe I don't entirely suck as a stay-at-home-Mum after all.


(Scurries off to see if parent volunteers are needed....)

1 comment: