Saturday, May 19, 2012

Sunny Days...

From Facebook:

What's better than sunshine? Drinking with the neighbours whilst gardening. Forgoing gardening for beer and laughs. Watching neighbours chase one's children around. Children laughing. Sunshine. Friends. Community. All on my brother's birthday.
 

My cup runneth over.




Urp. Excuse me!

My cup runneth over because my across-the-road neighbour keeps filling it with cold beer.

I didn't realize how much I like beer until the sun beat down on my shoulders this afternoon, as I weeded the front garden. And then there was a hose and some sudsy water for washing the car and then suddenly - how did this happen?!?1 - I was drinking a beer, in the shade with my welcoming and hilarious neighbours and feeling blessed.

Cold beer tastes better with fun conversations and children and dogs and hilarity.

And sunshine.

Blessed, blessed sunshine.

I've had six now. Six beer.

Is it beers? Beer?

Who cares, it's cold and the neighbours are watching my kids and I love the whole world and the sun is still shining.

I wish my brother was here.


I wish I could drink beer (beers?) with him and watch him scoop my sons effortlessly into his arms and turn them upside down, laughing. 

Instead, Neighbour (and Beer Passer) Rob has taken to his role as "pseudo-babysitter" with grace and style and energy:


Rob, Neighbour-Extraordinaire, with Matthew

This will do.

This is enough.

Cheers, Bamboo.

This one's for you, my beloved baby brother.

This one (or six...I can't remember anymore...) is for you.

2 comments:

  1. Bless. This is celebrating and honouring him the good ol' Canadian way. Cheers, my friend!

    ReplyDelete